Sunday, April 24, 2011

Covers of the Week - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams Sr.)

I am not a big fan of country and western music. I don't dislike but I typically don't include it among normal listening. But there are exceptions especially when it comes to classic country blues like the next classic. I've always loved Hank Williams Sr. (playlist) since I was a wee little boy and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" is probably my favorite.

Cowboy Junkies (playlist) bring their own melancholy style




I would not have thought of Dino (Dean Martin)  (playlist) doing a Hank Williams number, but its awesome


Nice voice and a nice violin


The Raveonettes version


Elvis (playlist)


Sweet voice, classic country


Chris Isaak (playlist) gives his own vocal style


LeAnn Rimes (playlist) Very, very sweet*

*new video much better version, might go away as things tend to do on youTube, other version is here

No comments:

Post a Comment